17 Nov 2008

Hair Growth Update

If I start to write a blog about hair it will just go on and on and on. So let me just zip it up before I even begin.

Picture #1 taken in March 2008 after a big chop. Cut off a lot of uneven damaged ends so it was a blunt cut all the way around. I loved this cut and wouldn't be afraid to go to that length again.

Picture #2 taken in May 2008. Exactly 2 calendar months after picture #1. I got a massive growth spurt from Mega-Tek a high protein based product, like Mane n Tail which is safe for human use as well as horses. Anyone can use it, men and women, black, white or Asian. They recently did a marketing campaign and launched a product called Ovation Cell Therapy. This is Mega-Tek in an Ovation bottle for double the price. Made by the same people and contains the same ingredients. People felt uncomfortable buying/using Mega-Tek due to the horse/human crossover. Good for them. I'll save my money thanks.
You can read all about it on LHCF a hair forum I've been a member of for just over 6 years. For those not in the know about hair care there is nothing in the ingredients of shampoo or creme rinse created by Eqyss that are different to the ones you find in the shelves of your local beauty supply store. So get informed before you mock or even think to, there is no horse hair growing out of my head nor hooves on my feet. I use the shampoo, creme rinse and serum which is better than most serums I've ever used. It's all safe for human use.

Picture #3 taken in November 2008 [last night] after a relax and a very small trim. I'm nearly back in 7 months to where I originally started before I cut my hair. Even after daily use I think the growth spurt has slowed doen considerably, but the product still works in speeding up the growth rate I usually have. I had no energy to bump the ends as this was taken purely for comparison purposes. I rarely wear my hair out or down, and it's grown a lot more thicker and fuller. I have no idea when the next relaxer will be I'll give it 4 months minimum before the next one or depending on how much new growth I get, but will get back on the Mega-Tek bandwagon and see how much I can grow into early 2009.
Not bad for 7 months.

6 comments:

  1. Impressive, I can't wait to try. I am a serious pj, so I told myself that I won't be able to purchase anything off of my wishlist until I get rid of a majority of my products or by summer, whichever comes first. Did you have any serious shedding issues and take garlic supplements?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shed like crazy in the beginning and I mean like crazy. That though was the start of the growth surge, so I didn't fret, I kept on using daily and then 2 months later I had the biggest growth spurt of my life. A lot of ladies on LHCF seem to give up when they noticed the shedding. It didn't thin out my hair or worry me. It does slow down eventually and yes the garlic capsules helped and worked literally 1-2 days after taking them I noticed a huge difference.

    My goodness the back of your head looks fabulous alone. Looks nice n healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LondonDiva,
    I've gotta say your hair looks really good and props (wen was the last time u heard that term!!) for the level of research you put into your articles!
    I'mnot a member of fokti or LHCF and I'm a member of so many things that I'm reluctant to join, but was wondering if you wouldnt mind sending me your password for fokti because I'm interested in your haircare regimen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @'murewa I just sent you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how you applied Mega Tek. Did you mix it with another product? And did you rinse it out after each time you placed it on your hair? Or did you wash your hair once a week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous, I mixed it with some castor oil to cut out the potential dryness from the protein contained in the product. During this time I washed my hair weekly. I no longer use Mega-Tek, I use FAST shampoo/conditioner and wash my hair daily.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.