21 Apr 2011

Trailer: 'The Help' Best-Selling Novel Is Now a Movie!

I have this book and only bought it as I was part of a book club at the time. I've read approximately 246 pages of it and haven't picked it back up in over a year. I may finish it, depending on whether I go and see the film, if and when it hits UK shores.

Have you read The Help? What did you think of it? 
Will you be going to see the movie?

The Help opens in the US on August 12th.
Hungary, Germany and The Netherlands have release dates listed so far, but nothing for the UK. If and when this changes an update will be made. I'm pretty sure The Help will get a UK release. I'm going to assume that a date hasn't been decided on.

Familiar names cast in 'The Help' include, Viola Davis, Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Sissy Spacek, Cicely Tyson, and Octavia Spencer (who I thought on first viewing of the trailer was Sherri Shepherd.)


It's great to see in Hollywood that you can get so many darker skinned Black women on screen and in leading roles when they are all cast as maids. *Blatant sarcasm*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.