27 Sept 2008

Regret Me Not

There are way too many signs going on around in my life at the moment that I am constantly bombarded with to remind me that LIFE IS TOO SHORT. I blogged about this the other day and I am a firm believer in doing and saying before it's too late.

Even just yesterday the topic of conversation with James Max on LBC 97.3 [which I love...talk radio is where it's at!] was about doing and saying things in life that you regret not doing. The general consensus seemed to be to "regret all of the things you didn't do, and not regret the things that you did."

Never a truer word spoken. And that's what I believe [puts hand on heart]. So even when I hear this and adopt sayings like this as my own personal mantra, am I then riddled with regret the moment I say something, that I know I should even if there was nothing to drive me to say it in the first place. [I may have lost you, if so go back and read the last sentence sloooooooooooooowly]

Maybe I'm too much of a deep thinker and over worry situations and what people or certain people are going to think of me. And I shouldn't I know that, but now I feel like a putz. [I'm not Jewish BTW, but I think there are always instances for Jewish phrases every now and then].

After 4 drinks last night 2 Caricoa Punches, 1 Mojito, and a Rum n Coke later I felt brave enough to drop a guy a message apologising for turning down the opportunity to go on an outing 4 months ago. 4 FRICKIN MONTHS AGO and I feel really bad about it because:

  • (a) I really wanted to go but was caught so off guard
  • (b) I thought he was really cute and wanted to see him again, but see (a) again
  • (c) As much as on the surface I appear so confident, I get embarrassed and nervous very easily.
and
  • (d) I don't get approached that often in my life where somebody of the opposite sex actually wants me to accompany them ANYWHERE! [Although my friends did disclose last week the reason for this is because my facial demeanour is hardly inviting at most times and screams "stay away from me. I am not interested."]
Please don't laugh (d) is quite sad, although I'm totally fine and accepting of it. [And I say this sarcastically].

So in a nutshell, I regret turning him down when I genuinely liked him and wanted to go, but through my own fears and anxieties I decided to play it safe by sticking to the normality and not taking a step outside of the box. If it was just a regular Joe I wouldn't have bothered but he was so nice, cute and interesting and even 4 months down the line I was kicking myself.

But hey it is what it is I suppose. I guess whenever I feel bad about something whether big or small, on my part at least, an apology seems worthy and he was at least worth that. I need to take my own advice.

  • Life is too short, live it as fully as you can
  • "Do something everyday that scares you" - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Live life with no regrets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.