28 Sept 2008

The Weekend Was a Great One!

A lil booze, high heels, handbags, and some dancing, made for a great weekend. Throw in some lovely London weather, rest n relaxation and it was a real treat.

Friday, the night out at Guanabara was fantastic. I didn't expect to have such a great time. In fact I expected to be in a pissy mood, but Friday was just what I needed to lift my spirits and give the middle finger to a not so great week. Catching up with MB was great who let me in on his Australian travels and told me what his experiences were like living and working in Sydney and thoroughly recommended it [especially as a black woman] coming from a black man. I told him I don't know of anybody who is black from London who has lived and worked in Oz whether long or short term, and he told me that's my he wanted to do it. I'm going to a relocating seminar for people in my industry for Sydney, Australia on October 1st so am really looking forward to hearing what it's all about. My plan initially would be 3 months minimum then spend that time afterwards travelling a bit in the Far East, seeing more of Oz and New Zealand. Coming back to London and if I like it that much go back again for another stint. I'm more drawn to Oz than I am Dubai, and on top of that the Australian and Far East is flourishing in the Banking industry, they don't even know about no damn credit crunch over there from what MB was saying. It seems that it's the UK and US that are hard done by at the moment.


I used this opportunity at Guanabara to get to know my Miss D's new beau J, and he's a really nice guy. And I heard from Miss D that he said he thought I was nice but a lil [now what was the word] scary and/or intimidating. Is it the shoes? because in a pair of heels sistah girl is at 6ft or is it the face? He has a good head on his shoulders and I can tell he genuine and decent. Not as nerdy as she described. Thank God it was nice talking to a black man that wasn't reeling off the typical London and UK jargon with the likes of "ya get me", "innit doe" and "fa real fa real". My friends know how to pick em. Although she was not, and has never asked for my approval as she's more than capable, he gets a thumbs up from me.

The whole crowd, those who I already knew and those who I'd only met that night, everyone just had on their 'lovely vibe' hats on Friday. I managed through all that Brazilian music, tipsy on 4 alcoholic beverages [and I drink so so rarely] I managed to successfully talk to Miss D's sisters man H, about trading the Forex regardless of the economic climate. We had a good convo about making money and just talking about social [black] issues and relationships. Always good to get a black man's perspective on things whether you agree with what they have to say or not.

I talked so damn much that night, come Sunday my throat is still a little gravelly.

Saturday, had a lie in, no hangover. I didn't even do my hair as planned and will do it next weekend. Only managed to wash and condition it. I was glued to season 6 of Sex & The City for most of the day as well as a 90 minute nail biting edition of X Factor. That was pretty much my lazy day of the weekend. As well as a lil relationship convo with Miss D. From here on I will never utter the words "so what's going on with you and so and so." She let me know where her head was at regarding so and so and that's all I was concerned about. Do your thing!


Sunday, OMG up at the crack of dawn 7:30am is the crack of dawn for me. A 10am shopping start at London Fashion Weekend with my sister.

Here's pretty much what I snagged

A Bracher Emden red/black leather handbag with semi precious stones and Swarovski crystals - was £799 for £150 [don't even get me started it the same bag Rihanna has, but she's not even got it on the right way round. The semi-precious stones are on the OTHER SIDE!!!!!]
A Crumpet England cashmere racer back vest in Yellow - was £95 for £7.50
A Blush B-Lush gold metallic leather and black suede large hobo bag - was roughly £300-400 for £100
A Elisa Atheniense soft leather grey Handbag - was £200+ for £15
A Elisa Atheniense soft leather caramel coloured Handbag - was £200+ for £40
A Tabitha White bag was £295 for £55
Some crazy designed Japanese top for £5 [no idea on the retail or the brand]
A Malene Birger cropped jacket was £159 for £15
Some jewellery from Anna Lou of London 2 bracelets, 2 necklaces, 2 pairs of earrings for £40

I bought my friend a white leather Elisa Atheniense Handbag - was £200+ for £15, she loved it. THANK GOD!

I was a happy bunny to say the least, and as much as I want to go to the Ted Baker sample sale on Wednesday I'm bailing out. I can shop, but I also know how to pay my bills and save my money and be disciplined. When I can go for 4-6 months at a time not shopping, a hit in one like today is justified and pretty decent for what I got considering the retail on them. And I did good today. I got my leather bag(s), and my intention was to get one. But being leather and at those prices, there was no way I was leaving quality crafted leather handbags that are on sale for the same as PVC bags. And anyone that knows me knows I don't do PVC in shoes, handbags or belts.

Well the day is nearly over. So more Sex & The City for me and some R&R before Monday tomorrow. I've been watching too much SATC because I picked up a pair of earrings and said to my sister "those are sooooo Samantha."

**rolls eyes and slaps forehead**

I'm feeling positive and hope the week ahead will be so as well. So fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.