12 Nov 2008

A Bigger Booty With A Fruit Smoothie

No word of a lie 3 of these a day and 2 popped buttoned pair of pants later and my lower half was filling in very nicely by accident.
I started on smoothies because I bought one of those smoothie blenders and get hooked. Plus I never associated fruits with weight gain. Whether natural or artificial sugar is sugar and can cause weight gain.

I got my parents hooked on them too, and one day I was noticing I was just fitting into my clothes a little differently and decided to have a good look in the mirror.

What the hell, my ass is more rotund!!! But no it couldn't be the shakes, I thought, but nothing was different in my diet. So after calling my mum that evening she said she's going to have to stop drinking them as much as she was loving making them because she noticed she was getting fatter.

My eyes lit up...being 5'8 and hovering around the 135lb mark I envied the fuller, thicker Bey and Mariah figures over the Kate Moss types and always had.

I've always been the tall slim girl [don't call me skinny!!], never wanted to be overly bootylicious but wouldn’t mind a lil extra thickness. My weight had caused me to feel more inferior than superior even if I have heard a load of times the typical, "have you thought about, are you, you could be…a model" You know they are only saying it because you are tall and slim and it's nothing about the looks people are commenting on so it becomes a smile n nod thing and just move swiftly on.

Believe me when I say underweight or slim girls have their own issues that are overlooked in society over anorexics and bulimics. There are a ton of us that will do whatever and however to put those pounds on, and when the video girls come on the TV with the great thighs and round booty you're reminded yet again that you don't feel or look right. But I'm over it now, well over it, and the desperation to gain like I had for many years is now gone.
I fell off and haven't got back on the smoothie bandwagon, but just seeing if it's going to work again and wasn't all in my imagination has me thinking. So tonight I'm going to pick up some OJ and bananas and get to blending and see if a sistah can fill up just a little bit more. Just without the desperation like yesteryear.

I'll keep ya posted!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you gotta tell me what is in that smoothie! I totally agree with you - slim girls have their own issues that people just don't understand...like trying to find decent work clothes in your size. Anyway, I would love to try your smoothie to gain a few pounds I could use some more "junk in the trunk" lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just regular fruit smoothies. I used to but frozen fruit from the supermarket and blend them up with OJ and sometimes some carrot juice. No dairy in them at all. My lazy shake is simply OJ and Bananas. I've made shakes using summer fruits, kiwis, strawberries, mango, papaya,pineapple. Buy some fruit, chop it up and freeze it, to use as and when. Sometimes I make a big batch and refrigerate it, but the fruit will seperate from the jucie so you can either reblend or just stir it up.

    My staple smoothie was OJ, Carrot juice and the frozen tropical fruit that consisted of papaya, mango and pineapple.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.