24 Nov 2008

The True Cost Of Beauty is... £8112.00 [$12,150.09]


Every year that's how much it would cost me to do what I already do at home and that would consist of:

Eyebrow threading £3 every fortnight
Manicure £20 every week
Pedicure £20 every week
Facial £24 every week
Full body exfoliating body scrub twice weekly £58 [£29 each treatment]
Three relaxers a year a total of £240
Braids three time a year £225
Weekly wash and deep condition £1040
Annual precision cut with a top stylist £185

I'm am a perfectionist and am just extra when I choose to do my at home treatments. I won't give myself a regular paint n polish manicure or pedicure or any other treatment for that matter. I'm all out there with the cuticle removing, the salt and olive oil scrubs, foot spa, lotions, base coat, top coat, seaweed baths, microdermabraision scrubs, deep pore cleansing, alpha hydroxy masks I could go on and on.

I have too many products to mention and reserving a Saturday or Sunday for the once over that will consist of doing my hair, a manicure, a pedicure, a seaweed bath, full body exfoliation, a facial and an eyebrow shape I find quite rewarding. I can do a better job than those who have done my treatments before and on top of that I'm saving a ton of money. £8112 to be exact.

Granted I may take 45 minutes to thread my eyebrows compared to the women that take 3 minutes, but like I stated I'm extra. I'll thread, tweeze and trim to get the perfect shape. I care about my appearance and will do my best to look as good as possible, I have to remember as a client I'm about the £'s and on most occasions my time in the chair is limited.

I'm tired of spending money and leaving these place dissatisfied and thinking I could have done a better job. I've had compliments on my manicures, eyebrows, make-up, hair whether relaxed or braided. I must be doing something right.

In these times eight grand is ludicrous to be spend looking halfway decent when I can do everything myself and feel a 10. I know every woman isn't capable of doing everything from head to foot, but to save some money substituting one or two treatments and doing them at home can save enough for a vacation somewhere or go toward a new car or down payment for a property.

I'm disgusted at that figure but glad I have enough sense to not spend that much when it could be put to better use. I'll reserve paying for massages and reflexology as that's something I cannot do myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.