24 Nov 2008

Sorry I'm Late

I fall into the common stereotype associated with us black folks.

BPT (Black People's Time) or CPT (Coloured People's Time) whichever you prefer [as I don't use the term coloured, it's BPT for me]

Every damn day I'm either late or on time [and for me that's anywhere between 9:02 or 9:06 am]. I'll be lucky if I'm here at 8:57 or 9:00 on the dot. It just never happens. I'm at the point where I'm just mad at myself, mad for sleeping through the snooze button, mad for getting the train that may get me in on time, mad for white people always being on time and in before me, mad for being pulled up at every damn job about my timekeeping and mad for just not caring enough at all. IT HAS TO STOP! I don't want to be one of those mothers who always makes her children late for school or keep a man waiting for 2 hours before I decide to walk down the aisle.

Right! From tomorrow I'm going to adopt a better attitude to time keeping, because I'm at the point where after 13 years I can no longer make the excuse that the train was delayed [even though it was this morning]. If I leave the house at a decent time, then even with a train delay I should be in on time.

Although if I have a flight to catch I'm at the airport before the desk even opens and 3 hours before the flight takes off…**rolls eyes at ones self** I don't know any black people that are ever late to the airport. I'm sure there are some but we'll turn up on time to leave the country won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.