9 Oct 2008

Do Something Amazing...Give Blood


That’s the slogan for the UK National Health Service Give Blood Campaign.

I should have been doing it all along, but my first donation was this year. It's always the way, when somebody you know who could benefit or actually needs blood is when you then go and volunteer to be a donor. My mum needed one 29 years ago after giving birth to me [talk about being a difficult child from the start]. Mrs H needed one after having Roman and he himself needed a blood transfusion after he was born.

There's a 16 week gap between donations and I'm eligible to donate again, and I need to quickly because I may not be able to after I visit Thailand and Malaysia. Certain countries are off limits for a while before being allowed to donate again, so I've booked for tomorrow lunch time. It's least I could do on Roman's 1st birthday and extremely poignant at this moment in time. It may help another little baby survive and see him or her through to their 1st birthday and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.