2 Oct 2008

LondonDiva to SydneyDiva in 09?





Australia Tourism Video - "Where the Bloody Hell Are you?"





Well last nights relocation and working in Sydney seminar was very interesting and eye opening to say the least. I am kicking myself that as a person who loves to travel I haven't yet been to that part of the world, especially as a Brit. I had no idea Australia was so beautiful. From looking at the tourism video that they showed alone it looked like a cross between London, Texas, NY and California. In Sydney, a city where going to the beach after work and having a party on the beach on Christmas day seems pretty normal. I think in October I can deal with 31 degree weather in what is now known as spring currently in Australia.


But that's not the reason I want to go, but it is a factor. London life just isn't that great. For people visiting it's wonderful. As a resident you're a tax after tax after tax payer, dealing with rude people, kids that want to fight you, stab you, set your dog on you because you looked at them in a certain way. The mad squeeze on the trains in the morning every morning and evening. The shitty weather. The 2 day summers [3 if you're lucky]. Everything being hella expensive, and I find this city very dirty compared to other cities I've been to around the world. Oh yeah, people may say the social scene in London is great, and it is, but there needs to be a general balance. If you're not into the London social scene or cannot participate in it because you're not into it or you end up spending the weekend to recover from the working week then your shafted like a sandwich without the bread.




(This is what I contend with every morning on the Northern Line from Balham to Bank, and believe it or not there is plenty of room on those trains. I'm more cramped than that for 30 minutes every day)

I need a change!

London's clubs, pubs, bars n restaurants are not going to hold me here especially if that's the only good thing it has going for it. So Sydney is looking like a viable option for the field of work I'm in and also for a lifestyle change. Whether it be 6 months or 12 months who knows. I may end up hating it or loving it so much that I'd never want to leave. Although I'm doubting the latter. It's more about a life experience than it is a working one. If I don't go even for the short term, I'd be an idiot to pass up the opportunity to live and work in another country.

If work doesn't take me there then travel certainly will. Either way September 2009, I'm off. Why even think about it just pick a date and make the plans that suit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.