2 Oct 2008

S[He] Says, She Says...............

The older I get the less tolerance I have. It's becoming more and more apparent to me. I guess the argument I just had on the phone with a friend is my fault 'for talking to her with an attitude.' Then comes the talking to me like I'm a 5 year old child who is barely able to grasp the concept of the English language. And off it rolls into 'you are this way, and the way I am' being brought to light.

I'm the kind of person that people really shouldn't argue with and I shouldn't argue with them. I hold grudges or just can't be bothered and once it's done, you know what if I didn't speak to you again for 6, 9 or 12 months it's no skin off my nose.

"If you have so many issues with me then why are you even bothering with me?"

That's what I got thrown at me? And I don't think she actually knows that one question there fucked me off the most over everything that we were arguing about.

Is this one of those questions where a wife asks her husband "Honey does my bum look big in this dress?" You either know it does or you know it doesn't and you're just looking for a confidence boost. It is not my job to make you feel secure in this relationship, that is down to you.

So just because I may not like the way you say certain things or do certain things I'm not supposed to bother with you as a friend? Everybody in my life pisses me off to some extent. I have an issue with most people whether big or small. Stop taking every damn thing I say and turning it into a big drama fest. I can live with faux pas' in people I have them too and I know when to address somebody when the line has be overstepped.

Sometimes my mentality is like that of a man…can't be bothered, wont be bothered. Leave all the drama to the women. I don't 'do' drama very well. I've narrowed down my close knit selection of friends down to a select few and had long standing friendships where the annoyance is always there with some, but the arguments remain few. Very few.

I have a face sometimes that is unwelcoming and sometimes a voice to match. I get asked "you OK?" in the midst of just nothing, when I'm 100% totally fine. So I say something and it comes down to 'me giving attitude' - didn't even know it came off that way, so she starts giving it back but talking down to me and just going on and on to the point I couldn't even get a word in. At first I didn't even clock she was serious. You really expect it to be an adult situation with quick resolve if you go in all guns a blazing? So rather than talk TO me you talk AT me. So what do you then expect to happen?

I should have just cut that shit off from the get go. "Yeah yeah, I'm in the wrong, my bad, bye bye."

On and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

I'm not one to stick around for bullshit. I like to keep it moving both figuratively and literally.

So how about next time [if there is a next time] anyone that has a problem with me just come out and say it rather than go with the talking down to approach. It saves a whole lot of problems. I've adopted the 'sleep on it rule' with folks these days. If some pisses me off, I'll be mad, keep it to myself and address them about x,y or z in a few hours or the next day where I can think and talk to them rationally. It works, trust me. You're more clear and concise in thought.

When you don't, it's situations like this that arise. Two very pissed off people, rather than people who have listened to one another and resolved their differences and are able to move on there and then LIKE ADULTS.

And that whole "why am I bothering [friends] with you?

If you don't know after 14 years, then you never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.