26 Nov 2008

Law Of Attraction In Effect Perhaps?

Like I've blogged before I haven't been reading the papers on purpose or watching the news, however somebody's free paper on the Tube journey on the way home last night caught my eye when I saw that Richard Branson was teaming up with Air Asia to do cheap one way flights to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for £99. Should I do an on the spur of the moment booking for next October??? Hmmmmmmmm

So I grab a spare copy on the train for the sole purpose to read about the flights and hot foot it to the over ground station.

Back up about 10 hours earlier around 9am and I'm in the shower blasting a Coldplay song from their new album in the house, and I'm there thinking "It would great if Coldplay hooked up with Jay-Z and did a concert together."
Fast forward to 19:12 that very same day - Low and behold I'm at Victoria train station and an image of Jay-Z flashes up on the big screen TV on Sky News I didn't have my contact lenses in so I couldn't read the headline and my train was leaving in 3 minutes and had no time for that although I wanted to know why was my beloved Jigga in the news. I open the paper on the train and see an advertisement that just jumps out at me. The tickets for the Coldplay and Jay-Z concert go on sale this Friday morning at 9:30am!!

As God is my witness I had heard of no talks of this collaboration happening at all anywhere, but to just think it that morning and then BAM see the advertisement in the paper about the Wembley Stadium gig next September, I felt like one of those crazy women with cats who could see into the future.

Strange things like this happen all the time to me. I was 'chatting' with a MySpace buddy this weekend I went to college with him 13 years ago and I lost contact a friend of both of ours. So he messages me back saying he'd really like to get in contact with Peter and Gavin as they were his old skool crew. I said I'd keep a look out. Fast forward to yesterday, now bare in mind I've lived in the area for 21 years and see the same faces all the time. I take the same 7 minute walk to the train station and pass the same people like it's Groundhog Day. So this week I'm on the new late shift we're implementing at work and leave around 9:30 ish. Who the hell passes me by looking dead on in my face, none other than Gavin who knows Peter [who I had an old e-mail address for which is about 2 years old and I know from speaking to Peter that him and Gavin are still tight] and they both know Mr MySpace and we all went to the same college together and hung out together sometimes. I was in such shock I just carried on walking thinking "No wayyyyyyyy!".

This morning I was running for the train but left 10 minutes earlier, again like Groundhog Day I see Gavin again. I didn't even have the time to stop and ask him for an e-mail or phone number. I mean just two days ago Mr MySpace mentions his boy from 13 years ago and now two days running we pass each other, looking but not saying anything. If I see him tomorrow I'll say something.

How bizarre!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.