10 Nov 2008

The N Word

As a black woman who can say it without it causing any personal pain to herself [it's not part of my vocabulary amongst friends] but some of 'my people' choose to use it. I understand the reasoning behind people opposed to the word because it was used in a way to cause pain and suffering, and to some in 2008 whether around in those bleaker times or not, it still does have an effect.

Say it to me if I bump into you accidentally in the street or in an argument and I'll chop you in the throat. The last time I was called a nigger to my face was over five years ago and I kept to my word that if anyone dared call me that I would punch them in the face. It may not be right, but my ancestors took more than a punch to people with that same mentality thinking the very worst of them and then some. I am not in the cotton fields, this is a different time, do not even think about it with me on the bus, tube or street. Violence is never to be justified point blank, but some people just need a good old fashioned ass whooping from time to time. I'm not a little woman but that day I remember a big ass black man had to pull me off the white man left in shock thinking I was going to somehow let that go. I was not and will not.

Go around calling me a Nigger on my blog, anybody else's or calling the next POTUS a nigger in my blog [a comment I swiftly rejected] and I find it laughable, that you have had no stirring up of emotions toward me as an individual prior to spew that bullshit. [A different set of emotions and I'll explain why] If me and another person were going at it in a confrontation that's one thing. You'll get slapped for saying it, not because I was hurt by it. To sit at your place of work/trailer park and just decide for the sake of it to go on blog after blog [three that I know of today] and reel off the N word is ultimately pathetic. That's your sole agenda for the day? Like I said being referred to as a nigger does not have to be about skin colour, therefore it makes that anonymous individual a nigger in my eyes too.

After my Rachel Hylton blog this morning, I knew I'd attract this nonsense, and the beauty about the Internet is you're protected, to talk a whole lot of what you think
is something...about nothing. Granted you could never come to London and stand in the streets of Brixton or Peckham or anywhere for that matter and call a black person that to their face, because for most people it wouldn't even be about talking or an argument and more likely end up in a situation where you'd end up a statistic.

I always make it a point in life and online to be about it rather than just speak about it. I am the same way in real life [maybe a little coarser at times] as I am online, and would never say anything online that I wouldn't dare say to anybodys face. I'm bold, blunt and brazen. I don't have time to bullshit people if I don't like you or know you don't like me I'll make it known to stop the pathetic pretence that we do.

Like my online forum and fellow blogger just posted in a comment "it doesn't hurt us" not like they want it to anyway and seriously it's far from original. Sticks n stones….

I don't know of any blacks that venture to white supremacist blogs or sites spewing hate about the BNP, KKK or the Arian brotherhood. In fact a lot [not all] of blacks that I know of or have spoken to don't like/care for white people either with a passion maybe even more than 'they don't like those niggers' types, but they just keep it to themselves and keep it moving. You guys want to form groups and political parties, screaming and crying about your jobs being taken and your women and anything else that you can think of that you can blame Mr Mexico, Mr Africa, or Mr India for.

But tell me this Mr anon proud homosexual, which you admitted to on another blog, aren't you despised by your own people especially those extremists that hate blacks like you do solely because you're gay? Imagine that, you share the same opinions about 'us' yet they never accept YOU because of your sexual orientation.

It's OK now I can see why you're angry.

Be careful where you spew that shit, because it may take a black man like Zeus In Die Hard with A Vengeance to save your sorry ass when you're walking around with a sandwich board or shouting from the rooftops in expressing your hatred for a race of people.

Astronauts, scientists, bankers, mothers, fathers, entrepreneurs, sports champions, world record breakers, doctors, nurses, teachers, authors, filmmakers, actors, singers, artists, lawyers, professors, media moguls....and many more and you think the N word will break us??

Nuff said!!

2 comments:

  1. Dont let the ignorant get the better part of you. I normally just delete ignorant folks comments as opposed to engaging them or educating them. They are not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, although the old me would have been outraged at such a thing and for self decided to leave the ignorant comments up there as they have no power over me. Fair enough I responded but for me it's always a case of having to have the last sensible word in any context, and this particular blog would have been written at some point anyway just like the queue of potential blog posts queued in the back of mind, the fool just 'inspired' me to write it sooner than later 'tis all.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.