9 Dec 2008

Keep Your Germs To Yourself Please!

This is the time of year where everybody gets the sniffles. I for one pretty much don't. For me sickness is pretty much mind over matter. I believe if I wanted to get sick I would have gotten sick already. When 75% of the office come in coughing and spluttering I just say to myself over and over "I will not get sick. I will not get sick." And I don't. Touch wood I have missed the boat in catching the annual mutating cold strain this year. It's cold as hell, zero or below at night and not much more in the morning, and coming from the artificial heat into the cold, onto public transport full of germ ridden folks and back into the artificial heat again, I'm doing pretty good so far. With regard to real sickness I probably take off 2 days once every 2 years, this allows me to throw a few fake sick days in when I'm feeling the need to catch up on sleep or things around the house.

The common symptoms of the flu include:
Fever (usually high)
Headache
Muscle aches
Chills
Extreme tiredness
Dry cough
Runny nose may also occur but is more common in children than adults
Stomach symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, may also occur but are more common in children than adults

This year it seems everyone in the office has a cold related ailment [notice I didn't say flu]. If your ass is employed permanently why are you even in? You get paid regardless. Stay at home. Coming in here spreading your germs coughing and sneezing to the point where you don't even look or sound the same. And STOP IT. JUST STOP SAYING YOU HAVE THE DAMN FLU when you leave halfway through the day because of your sniffles but make it in perfectly fine the next. Does anyone know WTF flu actually is? Trust me if you had the flu you wouldn't be taking 2 days off, nor would you even be in the office. One to two weeks off would be more like it, coupled with your body just hurting so much you wouldn't even be able to get up to get a tissue to clean your nose. In all my 29 years I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever had the flu. A real bad cold yes, I'm just not that dramatic to turn it into something it's not. If my body isn't hurting, I'm not shivering and my head isn't pounding, I'm calling it a cold! I wish half these pansies would do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.