30 Jul 2010

The Rumoured New American Idol Panel Are….?

After 9 seasons on the show Simon Cowell made a smart business move to leave the dwindling American Idol show, although it didn’t stop there.

In the early hours of this morning Ellen Degeneres announced on Twitter

"A couple months ago, I let FOX and the "American Idol" producers know that this didn't feel like the right fit for me. I told them I wouldn't leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next. It was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I bargained for. I also realized this season that while I love discovering, supporting and nurturing young talent, it was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings. I loved the experience working on "Idol" and I am very grateful for the year I had. I am a huge fan of the show and will continue to be."

Then by lunchtime rumours were out that Kara Gui…Gara….Gu….Dio...OH F**K it…the annoying, one got fired.

So that leaves Randy ‘Dawg. Baby. Dude it was pitchy in parts’ Jackson all on his lonesome, with Ryan Seacrest as the original host/judge since season 1.


The rumours about who will be joining Randy Jackson as a judge are:

 Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler.

The ONLY people QUALIFIED to judge music and talent are Randy and Steven if this turns out to be the new panel of judges. Jennifer Lopez has no business judging anybody, and we do not need reminders as to why.

As much as I disliked Kara, at least she was a singer, songwriter, musician, producer and  more would quite happily see her for another season over Jennifer Lopez.

Idol is going down  let's face it, and will more than likely not last many more seasons with the departure of Simon Cowell.  Although the formats are similar I see Simon’s US version of X Factor taking over in the ratings. Why? 

1. No matter how similar the format, it’s still new blood on the reality TV circuit.
2. Simon Cowell is on the panel. Just watching it for his critique is enough, and those that loved him on Idol will more than likely tune in to watch X Factor.

Other rumours floating around to fill Simon's shoes as head judge are Diddy and Jessica Simpson. 

Why not just make it Randy? Aren't 9 seasons and a veteran in the music industry enough to be a head judge??


Errr maybe not....If that's the case just end the season now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.