13 Jul 2011

Blast From The Past: The Jackson 5, Mariah Carey & Michael Jackson - 'I'll Be There'

Mariah Carey and a young Michael Jackson (R.I.P.)
One song, three different versions.

I heard this song today, which became my inspiration for today's Blast from the Past' post. Such an incredible song that I really felt it wouldn't be right to just post one version of the song by either The Jackson 5 or Mariah Carey so included both, as well as the infamous 1992 Pepsi commercial featuring Michael Jackson. [One of my favourite Pepsi commercials of ALL time]. If you haven't seen it, after watching it you may see why I said that. No frills, no fuss, just simple. Short and sweet, yet magical as only Michael could.



'I'll be There' was the most successful single ever released by The Jackson 5, and was released in 1970 when Mariah Carey was just five months old.

Recorded for an MTV Unplugged performance at the tender age of 21, Mariah Carey with two multi platinum albums under her belt covered The Jackson 5 classic hit song. It became her sixth number 1 record in the United States.

As well as performing a duet on the infamous cover with Trey Lorenz, Mariah and Trey also sang I'll be There as a tribute to Michael Jackson at his memorial service which was televised worldwide on July 9th 2009.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.