23 Nov 2008

What Exactly Is Written On My Forehead?

I'm beginning to thing the word MUG.

That's an old cockney expression meaning fool. I think I'm just going to stop having people make plans with me period. I'm just getting a little sick of the lack of consideration that comes my way. To pick up the phone and call me at my place of work to ask me what I'm doing on Saturday, and then say you're coming to visit, although don't call to confirm or cancel later in the week, and then come Saturday just don't show up at all is just... **rolls eyes**

You see my time whether I'm at home giving myself a pedicure or on the spur of the moment decide to go and see a movie is my free time and it's bloody precious. The fact that I may have shelved other plans to accommodate yours also doesn't even come into consideration. I wanted to have my 6 year old cousin on the weekend but thought if it's a girly Saturday then it wouldn't be fair on her as when she's here I like to give her 100% attention, and two grown women watching movies that she can't watch and talking about grown folks business would be plain boredom for her.

Even if there was some type of 'emergency' on Saturday it's now Sunday heading toward the early hours of Monday, I'm a little skeptical to believe there just maybe, due to the fact there was no call on Thursday or Friday to say "Are we still on?"

Something tells me on Monday I'll have an e-mail at work apologising. If that's the case I'd like a phone call the same way the plans were made, the same way an apology needs to be made in my opinion.

Truth be told as much as I'm blogging about it, I'm not bothered like I used to be. I made no effort to make sure the house was stocked with groceries, I washed my hair in the afternoon instead of the evening, and just chilled out not caring if I got a last minute phone call to be told "I'm on my way" because I knew I wasn't getting a visit from the get go and no phone call to confirm that.

It goes back to me reiterating what I blogged about some days ago, I make too much of an effort and it's not returned. And on top of that it's been two weeks and I still haven't heard back about the DC trip in January. Well I'm standing my ground on this one, **shakes head** I'm not changing my plans I have my flight booked and a place to stay. I've been very fair in saying I was willing to 'bend' but after waiting I don't want to be like muggins in this instance thinking "I'll get back to LondonDiva whenever because she's flexible in her plans." To accommodate the friend will involve me cancelling the free place to stay and staying in the 'emergency' hotel I have reserved, renting a car and driving from Maryland (as my flight is booked) all the way to the hotel in Virginia. I've given out the flight details, phone number for insurance. I didn't mind all this two weeks ago, but I've heard nothing on it since. And I'm not chasing for an answer either.

Like I said DON'T WAIT ON PEOPLE! You'll be dead before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.