29 Dec 2008

Tats Got To Go!!

I have 4 tattoos in total.

One I love which is a big butterfly above my ankle. Two which I don't mind Chinese letters on the inside of my right wrist and 1 is a simply WTF Chinese word for 'woman' my left bicep. I know. I know. I was 17 years old!!

What the **** did I put that there for? In the hope that if one day I forgot what my gender was my non-mandarin reading ass would actually know what it meant?

At least I can honestly be one of the ones that says "yes I regret getting that tattoo done!" Rather than sitting in silence pretending you like it, just to avoid hearing others say "I told you so." The percentage of people who regret tattoos is quite high with 60% of people saying if they could get theirs removed they would.

Me & My Houston tan in Chicago Sep 07 grinning HARD AS HELL...I mean seriously WTF is that on my arm? No meaning! No purpose!

I was dumb and followed a trend AND my friends when I was 1 year under the age limit for being allowed to get a tattoo by law at the age of 17 when I got my first one. And yes they are addictive. I've been a bridesmaid twice and any 'fancy' function I attend I go through the Dermablend routine of covering it up.

No More!!!

I want it gone! Whether through chemical peels [TCA] or laser removal I will research the best option for me as a black woman [as black skins are very different when it comes to chemicals and lasers], and keep y'all posted.

I will be most definitely be doing B&A pictures because I could find nothing online of black people who had gone through the tattoo removal process, and you'd be surprised who and from where stumble across your blog just from doing a Google search. That oil pulling blog I did some months back pretty much gets hits on a daily basis.

If we can send man, dogs and monkeys to the moon. We can get rid of that shit off my arm!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thank you for doing this, I have a blog of my removal at www.tattooremovalcalgary.com and I have had inquiries from people who are wondering about tattoo removal from dark skin. I can now direct them to your site to see actual results.

    I am 17 treatments in and it is almost gone.

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you gone the chemical or laser route. If you don't mind me asking what is your skin colour, and are you having a large area removed? I'm glad you're having great results!!!

    When I start I will let you know so you can point people in the right direction to take a look.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,

    My skin is about as white as it gets! I am going the laser route, and i am impressed with the results so far. My tattoo is of a cobra on my forearm, and I wanted it gone as bad as you want yours gone.

    I will definitely be sending people to your site when you post some pics.

    cheers from Canada.

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked out your blog. Very impressive results. Congrats! I'm glad it's working for you I've read a ton of testimonials of people who haven't had great results from laser removal at all.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.