9 Jan 2009

Showing Some Blog Love - The Bloggers Book Club

With regard to not reading the papers or watching the news I'm able to do a few things which help keep the spirits uplifted.

A) Not look at the unfortunate looking English folks on the train or the women who decide to put their full face on in the morning.
B) Zone out and not pay attention to being squashed like a sardine for 50 minutes whilst my head is in a good book.

R-E-A-D-I-N-G!!

I picked up on it last year and will keep going this year with my book count. I don't have much time to read and the journey to and from work is the best time to do so.

I'm currently reading 'A Day Late and A Dollar Short' by Terry McMillan and am awaiting 'A Lesson Before Dying' by Ernest J Gaines which is the current January read for the online bloggers book club, so I'll be reading these both at the same time.

If you want to join, just go to Darius's blog The Blogger's Book Club and e-mail darius@dariustwilliams.org asking to add your name to the list. Doing it this way [online] makes it so much easier than physically attending a book club for those that don't have the time to attend, and you may be exposed to some great books/authors you may never have thought about reading before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.